Posts Tagged ‘Garden’
Thigpen’s Garden Gallery presents An Introduction to Bonsai with Norm Geisinger | Tuesday, October 4thFriday, September 16th, 2011
Off the main parking lot of Pepper Place, an oasis greets customers Monday through Friday and on busy Saturdays during the Pepper Place Farmers’ Market. Tucked in the corner and down a flower laden path, you will not want to miss the charming courtyard and shop of Charlie and Cindy Thigpen, owners of the Garden Gallery. Upon entering the relaxing courtyard, you will immediately slow your pace to absorb all the sights, sounds and fragrant smells of this blooming heaven. Here are our top 10 reasons why you should not miss a visit to this charming “mom and pop” garden shop:
- The tranquil sounds of cool, splashing water trickling from the focal point water feature. Be sure to drop your bags and take a rest on the comfortable ball seats nestled around the fountain.
- Friendly smiles and knowledgeable advice on what to plant in your garden. Usually, Charlie is always on hand to lend an ear and offer tips to questions from patrons, giving that personal touch of customer service.
- The variety of selections of annuals, perennials, herbs and vegetables. Surely one (or more!) would be perfect in your landscape. In addition to popular plants available, there are always several unusual and unexpected surprises to browse.
- Garden gifts and whimsical yard ornaments crafted by local artists await you inside and outside the shop! Don’t miss the selection of sketches, oil paintings, and award-winning photography. Several choices abound and range in price points to suit any shopper’s wallet.
- Ring the bell! The tank bell that is. Created by a local craftsman and perfect for hanging on your porch to call children in from a day at play. See if you can find the one to ring in our courtyard!
- On busy days, the convenience of an outside tent where you can purchase your items with check or cash. Of course, inside the shop takes credit cards as well.
- Three words…the fan mister. This attraction you will not want to miss. Young and old cannot resist standing in front of the oscillating misty breeze!
- The mosaic matron found by the courtyard fence cradling a flowerpot overflowing with seasonal color. Presiding over the creatively designed borders, she seems to whisper ideas and “go bys” for customers to fashion in their own garden.
- Clever uses of discarded materials such as bicycles and worn garden tools, becoming planters and yard art. See all the tired, ordinary items repurposed into amazing treasure!
- The wide variety of houseplants found inside the shop. Shoppers can find a range between 4 inch ferns to 8 foot fiddle leaf figs. An added bonus? Supporting the local growers in that 99.9% of the plants inside and out are cultivated right here in the state of Alabama!
Charlie Thigpen’s Garden Gallery is located in Pepper Place, 2805 2nd Ave. S, Ste 300, Birmingham, Alabama 35233. The phone number is (205) 328-1000 and the email is email@example.com. STORE HOURS are Monday—Friday 8:00 – 6:00 and Saturday from 8:00 – 4:00. Visit us on the web at: http://www.charliethigpensgardengallery.com/
“Gardening is not about the weeding, planting and watering – it’s about the experiences you have while gardening – the rainbow, the hummingbird, the fall branch that turns red and all the little miracles.” – Charlie Thigpen
We like that quote and wanted to share it with you during the sale over at Charlie Thigpen’s Garden Gallery. Now through July 15th if you can take advantage of the buy two, get one free sale on shrubs and trees.
Or if you just need gardening inspiration the unconventional gardening style at Thigpen is the perfect environ for ideas.
We’re so lucky to have our own little garden of eden at Pepper Place.